I hope Staple’s G-Tec-C’s are only the start
After watching the PenAddict’s recent Staples buying spree, it was time for me to visit Staples.Â My haul was a bit different:
- A Pilot G-Tec-C 0.4mm color 5-pack (black, blue, red, green, and purple).Â So far I really like these pens.Â The black 2-pack was sold out my first visit, but they had a couple on my second visit.
- I also noticed some Pilot G2 0.38mm packs, which is good (in the past, I’ve only seen these at OfficeMax).
- I couldn’t resist 5 pads of graph paper for $3.Â I haven’t used graph paper in ages (since high school, mainly) so I’m going to see how I like it now.
- I did get some odds and ends (like a pencil sharpener for $2 for my kids), but nothing else exciting.
- I passed on the Sharpies; I’ve got a 3 pack of Sharpie pens, but so far don’t like them enough to buy more.
I’m hoping that more fine-line Japanese gel pens make it to the “standard” US stores — G-Tec-Cs and 0.38mm G2’s are a nice start.
Update Feb 2011: at least one local Target has Rhodia pads (graph and lined).Â Rhodia might be great, but I’m not ready yet to spend $10 for a notebook (I guess I like pens much more than I like paper).